Hebrew language pack for Mozilla 1.3/1.3.1
LangPack version: 1.0
This language pack is intended for both Mozilla 1.3 and Mozilla 1.3.1. Version
1.3.1 was released mostly for Macintosh users, that couldn't install extenstions
with version 1.3.
- This pack includes a complete translation of the user interface of Mozilla
- ChatZilla is still a separate unit in the software package, and consequently
translating it caused technical problems in the past. In this version it is untranslated,
and its preferences in the preferences panel are in English, although with
- This pack includes a default bookmarks file. These bookmarks will be used when
creating a new profile, or a first install of Mozilla. These bookmarks include
links to this site, and two useful bookmarklets:
input field direction (by Jesse
Ruderman, used to flip the direction of writing in the active
input field in a form, and
page flip (by Tomer
Cohen), that flips the entire displayed page, in case the page author neglected
to set it right-to-left. They can by added from this page, simply by dragging the
link to your personal toolbar.
- The <HTML> Source tab in Composer now has a left-to-right directionality,
in accordance with the fact that HTML is written in Latin characters.
- This version of Mozilla introduces unsolicited commercial email (junk mail)
filtering system. For details, see here.
- A new and unique feature of Mozilla is Find As You Type. To find a link in
the displayed page, all you have to do is type ' and the requested word. Typing
the word without the ' will find any word that matches the requested word.
- Most of the settings that require entering server names or other English data,
like email or proxy servers, are left-to-right. In some places the fields are still
right-to-left. These places were reported to mozilla.org
- In the Mail & Newsgroups client, in the messages list, clicking a column header
to re-sort the messages crashes Mozilla. This problem is fixed for the next versions
- In the Address Book, when selecting a contact from the top part of the screen
in the contact's details in the lower pane, the line Display Name, if exists,
is in English. Translating this to Hebrew crashes Mozilla, and therefore was left
- When creating a new profile, the new profile should display a completely translated
interface, with no exceptions, aligned to the right. additionally, the bookmarks
file should be populated with several default bookmarks. If any of these elements
is missing, it is recommended to delete the new profile and create it again. To
minimize the chance of errors, it is recommended to create a new profile from
Tools|Switch Profile..., with the existing profile already translated.
- The online help for the Mail client was rewritten in this version, and translating
it might take a while. In order to prevent delay in the release of this pack, this
pack was released with English help. When the help is translated, and updated language
pack will be released.
It is likely that there are other problems. We will be glad to
hear about them.
Most of the work was done using MozillaTranslator
5.02 by Henrik Lynggaard. final editing was done with Unipad, a Unicode editor that
can be found at www.unipad.org.