Hebrew language pack for Mozilla 1.4
Language pack version: 1.01
This pack is intended for Mozilla 1.4
- This pack fixes a bug in the address book, where a new or existing card could
not be edited.
- This pack includes a complete translation of the user interface of Mozilla 1.4.
- All help files that were in the pack for version 1.3 are also included in this
version, with necessary updates. An effort will be made to release an update version
with a translation of the Mail help file.
- This pack includes a complete content pack, which includes unique defaults
for making a new profile.
- With the spreading of the use of the personal computer starting at the early
80's, the use of the "-" (minus) sign was was spreading, as a substitute to the
"־" (MAKAF), such as in the expression "אף־על־פי־כן", or
in the combination "כ־5", and that is because there is no key that allows
easy access to these characters in the hebrew keyboard, although the character
exists in the hebrew character set of the computer. Similarly, the characters
׳ (GERESH) and ״ (GERSHAYIM, used in abbreviations) were replaced with
' (apostroff) and " (quotation marks) respectively. In this language pack, the
original Hebrew characters where used instead of the incorrect substitutes. In
the mean time, we are working with the Israeli standards institute to change the
standard for the Hebrew keyboard, so that it will contain keys for easy access
to these characters.
- ChatZilla is a separate unit in the software package, and consequently
translating it caused technical problems in the past. In this version it is untranslated,
and its preferences in the preferences panel are in English, although with
right-to-left directionality. An effort will be made to release a translated version
- Composer, the Mozilla HTML editor, was improved, and it is now possible to
change the size of an image or table by dragging their edge until required size is
- The usability of the junk mail filter was improved.
- The Personal Toolbar, that contains the quick access bookmarks, might be empty,
while the bookmarks that were supposed to be on it are available by clicking the
arrow at the end of the bar
- In the Address Book, when selecting a contact from the top part of the screen
in the contact's details in the lower pane, the line Display Name, if exists,
is in English. Translating this to Hebrew crashes Mozilla, and therefore was left
- When creating a new profile, the new profile should display a completely translated
interface, with no exceptions, aligned to the right. additionally, the bookmarks
file should be populated with several default bookmarks. If any of these elements
is missing, it is recommended to delete the new profile and create it again. To
minimize the chance of errors, it is recommended to create a new profile from
Tools|Switch Profile..., with the existing profile already translated.
It is likely that there are other problems. We will be glad to
hear about them.
Most of the work was done using MozillaTranslator
5.02 by Henrik Lynggaard. final editing was done with Unipad, a Unicode editor that
can be found at www.unipad.org.